DIY: Photos on Canvas (but not Canvas Photos, to be clear…)
When I searched the interwebz for “canvas photos” I’d get just that…
- Photo canvases (canvasii ???)
- Photos transfered to canvas.
BUT THAT WASN’T WHAT I WANTED. For two reasons:
- Uh, expensive
- Effort. That’s not my middle name.
There are easier ways, people. Easier ways to show off cute pictures of your cuties.
But first, I digress:
That’s just stupid cool.
You know what else is stupid cool?
DIY PHOTOS ON CANVAS.
My friend Sara does this and she is crafty magic incarnate. So I went to her Facebook wall and was all, “HOW DO YOU DO THAT AGAIN?”
She was all, “Mod Podge” And I was all, “I knew that…”
- A photo the same size as your canvas (I used a 12×12 here)
- A canvas the same size as your photo (duh)
- Mod Podge
- A spongy brush-thing
- An ink pad for distressing
- Fine sand paper (not pictured because I forgots)
In 3…2…1… Go!
1) Get your stuff.
2) Schemere Mod Podge evenly on canvas with sponge brush then lay photo on prepared canvas. I used a soft cloth to make sure it was set on all solid-like and such.
3) Once it’s dry/set, get out that ink.
4) Pop off the lid on the ink pad and just rub the edges. It’s not neat… get a little crazy if you want.
Rub the ink pad this way and that. Up. Down. Sideways-wise. No rules. Just let the mood guide you.
Once the ink is dry, break out that sand paper. Don’t be heavy-handed. Just brush, swish and let the sand paper soften the sides and edges of the photo and inked edge:
Now. Could someone please come over and hang these babies?
P.S. These make great gifts!
Use the Form Below to Leave a Reply