A DIY Vlog: How to Make a Ribbon Christmas Tree!
Here ya go, folks… it’s a DIY vlog!
Are you ready? Make your own ribbon Christmas tree!
A DIY ribbon Christmas tree, whaaaat?!! Just in time to deck your halls so you can go ahead and make your own!
One day I was browsing that Pinterest and I saw a lovely mantle-scape featured in a magazine. Turns out it belonged to my sweet friend Lisa Leonard…)
I fell pinky-puffy-heart in LOVE with those trees. And I figured it would be fairly easy… but I did not account for the pain.
I should know better.
Satan’s gateway tool.
OK. The craft:
- Styrofoam cones (or floral foam cones, but those cost more, but they work if you have them on hand and don’t want to make a trip to the store.
- Glue gun,
- Take your ribbon and place it around the cone
- Fidget and fiddle until it looks right
- Cut strip of ribbon to desired length
- Hot glue strip to cone… speed doesn’t win this race – BEING CAREFUL does.
- Hot glue is HOT
- Glue graduating strips of ribbon down the length of cone.
- Hot glue edges under cone.
- Display creatively
In hindsight, I would use longer strips of ribbon. Make sure you provide yourself plenty of ribbon. Don’t be stingy. Do this so the back seams won’t be so, uh… shall we say… seamy.
Lastly, HAVE FUN and be careful with that glue gun!
*Originally posted Dec. 9, 2011*
Use the Form Below to Leave a Reply