Hey! I’m a Mom on a Bike! Meet my Huffy Regatta!
UPDATE! WE HAVE A WINNER!
Congratulations to Heike – commenter #2! Thanks to all who participated!
Imagine… … … the wind at your face.
Just you and the faint sound of road passing beneath your feet.
YOU’RE ON A BIKE, MOM!
I wish you guys could really see the hill grade… and it’s gravel. I am so tough.
In the not-so-far-away past, I competed in my fair share of sprint-distance triathlons (and one Olympic distance tri!). I started in 2001… My short-lived obsession brought me back to some old childhood loves… swimming and bike riding.
Fast forward to 2012… life is a bit different. My kids are older, life has gotten fuller, and I haven’t done a triathlon in a couple of years.
Which means I have again stepped away from those childhood loves.
In early summer, Huffy contacted me for a program called Huffy Moms on Bikes.
I was all, “Gosh… I sure do miss bike riding…”
Enter: The Huffy Regatta.
Disclosure: As part of the Huffy Moms on Bikes program, Huffy send me this cute bike.
I had 2 requirements for me to agree to this deal:
- I needed gears. I live in a VERY hilly area. No gears, no bikey.
- It had to be charming. I have a road bike. I don’t need sporty.
The Regatta delivered. From the “good old days” styling to the satchel on the back. There’s potential in that satchel… a jaunt to the farmer’s market for fresh produce. But it also serves as a great spot for my helmet…
Contest is now CLOSED.
Now. About that giveaway. Just in time for Christmas (2 months people TWO MONTHS!), Huffy has offered one of my readers a chance to win ONE of the following:
Rules, details, extra entry, etc…
- You must answer the prompt (above) to enter.
- You can receive a second entry by tweeting, and leaving the link to your tweet in a separate comment. An example tweet that you may use: Check out this SPARKLY kids Huffy bike giveaway from @jennyonthespot just in time for the holidays! http://bit.ly/TgY4R0 (If you do not leave the link to your tweet in the comments, I will need to delete the comment, sorry!)
- Winner will be notified by email address left in entry comment. If I do not receive a response within 48 hours, an alternate winner will be chosen.
- You must be 18 to enter.
- Open to US residents only.
- You must be able to submit a street address. Huffy cannot deliver to P.O. boxes.
- Winner gets to choose ONE of the options… the trike or the bike.
- Contest runs from Oct. 25th to midnight PST Nov. 1st, 2012.
- Last, but most important, have fun, and GOOD LUCK!!!
Peace and Sparkles!
Stay ON THE SPOT! Don’t miss a sparkly thing! Get JOTS posts in your inbox!
Use the Form Below to Leave a Reply