Herein lies my Life List… or as I prefer to call it Life MENU. Why Life MENU? You can read about what inspired me to put this on paper/the interwebz right here. But this is my list… the things that help me look forward to the new, the exciting… things that make keep on dreamin’… I think it is important to always dream…
Things I’d Love To Do
- Do a daily photo challenge to document life. Say… 5 years? Life changes a lot in 5 years. I think seeing a daily visual life catalog could be mundane, but also moving… (Idea via Justin Hackworth).
- Write a book!
- Learn how to surf
- Learn how to play the drums
- Own a VW bug… an orange one. Or a beautiful, awesome blue. Or green. Heck – PURPLE! I don’t even care. I have ached for VW Beetle ownership since before I could drive. They are the adorable polka dots of transportation.
- Start a chick band
- Learn to french braid
- Swing on a trapeze
- Vlog every day for a month
- Swim in all 7 oceans
- Complete and Iron Man triathlon
Be keynote speaker (EVO!)
(photo cred: Justin Hackworth)
- Throw a party to treat and celebrate my friends & family
- Have a reason to get a passport
- Go to/work on a dude ranch
- Go paddle boarding
SOAR in a hot air balloon (did it at Evo too!!! I see a theme!)
- Ride a mechanical bull
Things To Do With Someone(s) I Love
- 6-8 week road trip with family across the U.S. (We already a 3 weeker… I think we are THAT kinda family!)
- NYC with the family (Really, I want to take them everywhere… I want to watch my kids see the world)
- tropical vacay… but only the hubs and me. We’ve never gone tropical without kids.
- sail away on a catamaran
- drink coffee on an outdoor patin in a Parisian cafe
- Go to Greece (I know, I know… but someday…)
- Go to Italy
- Paris with the husband… sip espresso in a Parisian cafe *sigh*
- Make annual vision boards with the family (We did it in 2012!)
- Coordinate a flashmob
- Own a home on the water
Crazy Silly Fun Things
- Walk the Red Carpet (Oscars, Emmys, Grammys, all… whatever)
- Make a Flula-like video (music, dancing, silly…)
- Wear a wig all day, on a regular day & out to dinner.
Ways To Give Back
- Send a handwritten letter/card to a different friend/family member. Do it once a week. Forever.
- Pay it forward – groceries
- Pay it forward – an outstanding bill
Give a bouquet to a stranger
- Help a family with a sick child to raise funds. (kind-of doing this now)
- Leave encouraging post-its in random public places.
- Serve in another country with my family (missions)
- Serve in another country (missions)
- Ice cream for everyone!
- Walk the Great Wall of China
- Go on a safari… Africa, Australia. Either. Both.
- Host/star-in a tv show.
- Be in a movie. WHY NOT?!
- Host the Oscars (HEY. MONDO BEYNDO!)
- Take our (hub’s) family on a vacation. Treat them. Completely.
- Landscape our yard. If you’ve seen our land, you’d understand why this fits in MONDO BEYONDO.
- Pay-off mortgage.
- Be an SNL cast member. Wouldn’t that be RAD?!
*This list is in no way complete. Or set in stone. I will add, and may even remove items. I don’t feel committed just because I said it once. This is something crafted for the purpose of pursuing joy.
Peace and Sparkles!
Stay ON THE SPOT! Don’t miss a sparkly thing! Get JOTS posts in your inbox!